Saturday, February 21, 2015

New Automotive Spray Guns from Sata and Iwata

I had the opportunity to to take a look at the two newest spray guns from the top spray gun manufactures. The newest gun from Sata and the two newest spray guns from Iwata. 
The Sata 5000 HVLP is slimmer sleeker and slightly heavier, about 50 grams, than the 4000 but it weight has been redistributed and sits slightly further back in your hand making it a feel lighter. The air cap is wider this will cut down turbulence in the paint stream. The air control has been redesigned to give a greater range and the finish on the gun is different, it is now a non gloss they call it pearlchrome. It is available in digital and non digital models. The HVLP gun requires 15.2 CFM and is made of stainless steel so it is sutable for both solvent and waterborne coatings. I had my hands on the HVLP the RP gun has not been released yet look for it in April 2015

Sata 5000 HVLP
Sata 5000 HVLP


I also got my hands on the new Super Nova spray guns from Iwata the Evotech is the base coat gun and the Entech Clear gun. 
The Evotech comes in 1.2 1.3 1.4 and 1.5 most people will want the 1.3 or 1.4 check with your paint manufacturer for recommendations and requires 12.5 CFM to operate. The Entech clear gun also comes in 1.2 to 1.5 but it requires 14.3 CFM. They are stainless steel so they are suitable for both solvent and waterborne paints.
 These have to be the recognized as the top guns in the world and I don't want to suggest which is best but if you are looking for a top flight gun I would look at both.   
Add caption

Iwata Entech and Evotech
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those seem like they would be pretty easy to handle. My brother does a lot of car paint jobs. He really likes using spray guns because they are a lot easier to maneuver. http://www.inspiredpanelandpaint.com.au/service.html

Unknown said...

I am a female Auto Painter and I have had the pleasure of spraying with both guns! I have always like SATA's products! the new Iwata Super Nova was a better fit for my smaller hand. The SATA 5000 was a little bulkier and not as balanced for me. I was a part of the build team for last years Ridler award winner. I had the opportunity to use the Iwata super nova on parts of JF Launier's Rivision 64 Buick Riviera.

Unknown said...

Tricia thanks for your comment on my blog it's nice to get a female prospective on paint guns. I have a friend in South Carolina he runs a body shop and his wife is the painter. She is looking at theses guns also I will,with your permission, pass your comments along to her. Nice work on the 64 Buick Riviera.

Unknown said...

A very important step is keeping the paint area dust free and well lit. dusk kicks up and leaves orange peel on the car.

http://www.brooklynmotorsny.com

Unknown said...

Its cool to see the newest type of car spray guns out there. I would like to have a spray gun that feels lighter in my hand, so I can work on my car quicker. I bet it applies the paint to the body of the car very well.

Unknown said...

Luke
You should try out the new Evotech guns from Iwata definitly lighter and they have shifted the center of gravity back so it is over your hand.
Jim

Jcatlanta said...

I am a painter in a high production shop and do restoration and custom jobs at my personal shop. Ive used every gun out there and the iwata lph 400 is hands down the best clear gun ever made. Every type of clear ive put through the lph lays slick as glass and it saves material. Currently spraying ppg envirobase (waterborne) and the entech supernova and devillbliss tekna prolite have the market cornered as well. I demo sprayed the new sata 5000 and still dosnt compare to the supernova or the teckna. Just my oppinion but wanted to let future readers know about the performance thats available to them for much cheaper price. Sata is a bit out of their minds with the new prices on their guns.

Jcatlanta said...

I am a painter in a high production shop and do restoration and custom jobs at my personal shop. Ive used every gun out there and the iwata lph 400 is hands down the best clear gun ever made. Every type of clear ive put through the lph lays slick as glass and it saves material. Currently spraying ppg envirobase (waterborne) and the entech supernova and devillbliss tekna prolite have the market cornered as well. I demo sprayed the new sata 5000 and still dosnt compare to the supernova or the teckna. Just my oppinion but wanted to let future readers know about the performance thats available to them for much cheaper price. Sata is a bit out of their minds with the new prices on their guns.